Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blog #2

One of the main strengths I have as a writer is ,the fact that, once I get going, I keep going. I tend to start ranting with what i know on the topic, but it works. And if it is too sloppy i can go back and make it look cleaner with ease. Once I have the information down, making it look pretty is easy. I've also been good at making a good title for a paper. I make it relative to the paper, of course. But I don't make it too obvious on the what exactly it's all about.

Some weaknesses I have is getting started, not just getting the first paragraph down, but also getting me to start writing the paper. I have a problem with procrastination. I also have trouble making the cut on page length on occasion, so i have to go through the paper over and over and find what i can add more onto. Also I can easily get side tracked and it will be awhile for me to realize it, so i have to go back and delete everything that has nothing to do with the topic.

This essay was pretty simple for me to write, the only problem I had was that I realized i had a better example for the topic of communication barriers, since my uncle's family all are bilingual and speak German around us, but i am still being surrounded by the Polish language. If I had the chance to do the essay again I would definitely change the topic to my family, I would also pay more attention to grammar, since I made a few simple mistakes. Changing the entire topic it would be hard to keep things the same, other than the structure of the essay. I suppose I could also use the same formality and style.

I enjoy writing, as long as it's something I'm passionate about. Usually if the subject that I have to write on is very narrow and strict I won't enjoy writing it, but if the subject to write on is broad then I can write a lot more on it with a lot more ease. I like to write because I can throw my thoughts down into print and expand on the thoughts there and come up with an entire idea that makes a lot of sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment